Puerto Rico Surfing
The Surf Capital of the Caribbean
Welcome to Puerto Rico Surfing. This is the Surf Capital of
the Caribbean, especially on the west coast of the “Island of Enchantment”
For years Puerto Rico Beaches have been famous for its surfing
attracting crowds from all over the world. Some even call it “The Maui of the
Caribbean” for its perfect waves.
in Rincón, Puerto Rico
- Little Malibu is perfect for beginners since the waves break
- Tres Palmas Reef break far from the shore. This is a great
place for experienced surfers and big riders
- Dog Man’s is one of the few west coast waves that breaks
- Maria’s is one of the favorite waves in Rincon. A reef break
with excellent shape and long rides.
- Indicator has a point break that rides to a shallow coral
- Domes is the most consistent wave in the Rincon area.
- Pools Beach is a small, sandy beach that’s often deserted.
Reef break with some sandbars.
- Sandy Beach with beach break that breaks both ways.
- Parking Lot is a beach break with some reef formation. Good
surf condition for all levels of surfers.
- Antonio’s is a combination of beach break and reef break.
Wave breaks away from the shore allowing long and smooth rides at high tide.
Surf Spots in Aguada and Aguadilla
Aguada has a few surf spots, mainly beach breaks that are
excellent for beginners.
- Bridges has fast waves that barrels under the right
- Gas Chambers, does not break consistently but when it does
experienced surfers go wild.
- Crash Boat Surfing Spot in Aguadilla id an awesome swimming
beach when it’s flat, but when this beach break is going off many surfers
consider it one of the best waves in the area.
- Wilderness Surf Break in Aguadilla is a powerful reef break
that can get crowded on good days.
- Ruins Surf Break in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico is an excellent
option when Wilderness is crowded.
- Surfer's Beach in Aguadilla, has a very consistent and fun
- Table Top Surf Break in Aguadilla in front of a rocky formation
and peels into Surfer’s Beach.
- Jobos Beach in Isabela, Puerto Rico, where you can surf
several other breaks.
- Middles Surf Break in Isabela, is located on a sharp reef,
this is a fast wave that can be hollow with the right wind and right tide.
Puerto Rico Surfing
Surfing in San Juan and the northern coast
- Playa Aviones in Loiza, Carolina, is the place of the more
consistent waves on the island.
- La Islita, Isla Verde will provide the perfect conditions
for adventures for an entire visiting family.
- Kikita Dorado, is called the "Paradise of Puerto
Rico" for a reason, and this beach lets you understand why that is.
- Cerro Gordo, Vega Alta is not only a public beach, but a
private beach, as well as a part of a national forest.
- Boca del Cibuco, Vega Baja, with massive waves and deep
- Los Tubos, Manatí, offers medium-to-high swells on an
- La Marginal Arecibo, is home to the greatest waves in the
island; it wasn't a coincidence that it was the host site to the Puerto Rico
Triple Crown event.
- Playa Caza y Pesca, Arecibo, has decent sizable waves
surrounded by historical structures.
Surfing in the South of Puerto Rico
- El Marullo Inches beach is a different type of beach for the
Caribbean that gives way to some of the best waves in the south.
- La Parguera, Lajas with winds ranging between 15 and 20
knots, it's also the perfect place for windsurfing.
Puerto Rico Surfing Map
Please visit the Association for Professional Surfing of Puerto Rico
images are courtesy of wikimedia commons
From Puerto Rico Surfing go to Surfing Destinations
Go to Tuchman Beaches Guide Home Page