There are many beautiful dog friendly beaches where you can enjoy having your dog with you. It is good exercise for you and the dog providing body and spirit relaxation for both humans and pets.
What do you say about this swimming Golden Retriever?
Rules for bringing your dog to the beach
It is recommended to call ahead of time to make sure the beach you are going to visit allows dogs.
Here are a few standard rules for going to the beach with your loved doggie.
• Keep your dog on a leash no longer than six feet. Never leave a dog in a vehicle.
It may get too hot even with the windows open.
In my case I prefer to stay home than to leave my dog in such a condition.
• Please do not take your dog, unless it is a service dog, into buildings or trails, except where duly designated.
• Always check with the park’s or beach’s authorities for any specific rules that you may not know in advance.
• Please keep your dog attended and quiet at all times.
For many of us the Dog is part of the family
Vicious or noisy dogs bother the other visitors and you may be asked to leave the premises.
• If you are camping, make sure you keep your dog inside your vehicle or tent.
This is to avoid conflicts with other dogs in the area.
• Always remember that the parks superintendent has the discretion to change rules to safeguard the peace of all visitors.
• You need to carry your pet’s rabies certificate at all times.
• Make sure you spend the best family beach vacation. Sometimes, the violation of the rules may result in costly citations.
Not all beaches are dog friendly beaches; as a matter of fact many beaches ban them altogether.
Talking about dogs, please visit my wife's great site about Poodles
Beautiful dog enjoying the waters of the Mediterranean
European Beaches and your pet
Officially it is not allowed to bring your pet to the beach in the whole of Spain. However, in practice we have noticed that the local people do not take these regulations very seriously on quiet beaches or during the low and mid season.
As long as you don't bother other people and don't go to the popular and busy beaches! If you see Spanish people with their dog on a particular beach or stretch of beach, you can take a chance. But once again: it is not officially allowed!
Pets are also not allowed on the majority of beaches in Italy. But we can mention a few exceptions to the rule:
• Piombino• Spiaggia Lunga• Baratti• Canaletto Beach• Perelli• Marina di Grosseto
There are no general regulations for dogs on the beaches of France; each town can decide whether to accept pets or not. However, the majority of beaches do not allow dogs.
We do not have a detailed list of the dog friendly beaches at the moment. We hope to compile a list of these beaches in the future!
golden retriever by scott beckner
swimming dog by eloquence
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons