Costa del Sol Beaches are the best in Spain. Literally translated “The Coast of the Sun” or the “Sunny Coast”, it is located on the South of Spain in the Autonomous Community of Andalusia, mainly east and west of Malaga.
Nothing compares to Costa del Sol when it comes to fame, beauty and amount of tourists a year.
It is a world renowned Tourist Destination with more than two million arrivals a year.
The weather is mild with an average temperature of 18º C and more than 300 days of sunshine per year.
This page continues with Costa del Sol Beach, please visit our page.
Marbella in Costa del Sol Beaches
Important towns with great Costa del Sol Beaches
The beaches are divided by the towns they belong to. I am going to mention the best if possible, because they are all nice and worth a visit.
Costa del Sol stretches from Gibraltar on the west to the town of Nerja on the east. To the west, after Gibraltar, is Costa de la Luz and to the east after Nerja, is Costa Tropical.
• San Pedro de Alcántara
• Puerto Banus
• Mijas Costa
• Rincon de la Victoria
Map of Costa del Sol Beaches
Costa del Sol
Estepona has fine sandy beaches stretching along a 21 km of coastline. The area features more than 15 beaches many of them great for families and couples alike.
• La Rada is located near the town and has been awarded the blue flag for its standards. Is the largest and busiest beach in the area.
• Playa del Cristo is a lovely protected cove sheltered from the winds.
Carihuela Beach in Torremolinos Spain
• Costa Natura is a well known naturist beach
• La Galera beach is rocky for great sightseeing.
• Punta de la Plata • Bahía Dorada • Arroyo Vaquero • Guadalobón
• Punta Pinillo • El Velerín • El Castor • Playabella • El Padrón
• Guadalmansa • Saladillo • Casasola • Atalaya
Puerto Banus in Costa del Sol Beaches
Costa del Sol
Puerto Banús Beaches
Here the beaches are all Sandy and lined with beach clubs and bars. This port features great beaches with music and beach bars during summers. Here are a few of the beaches resorts of the area.
• The Ocean Club has many facilities with a choice of places to eat, a cocktail bar which does amazing fruit smoothies and a few designer shops. There are good showering facilities an changing rooms so you can freshen up if you are staying on in the evening.
• Buddha Beach has become the "place to be" in Puerto Banus. It has a swimming pool and private beach. It has a good restaurant and beach parties during the summer season.
• Soul Beach is popular with the locals. A busy venue during the summer, but remains closed for most of the winter. It has a kid’s playhouse and some food stands.
• Levante Beach is 500 meters long with plenty of room and lots of sun beds. It features a beach bar and life guards during summers.
Mistral Beach in Puerto Banus Costa del Sol
• Mistral Beach is at the San Pedro end of Puerto Banus about a 20 minute walk from the port past Plaza Beach, if you want to hire a jet ski, water ski, wake board, ride on a banana boat or rent a pedalo this is the place to go as it offers most water sports.
• Plaza Beach attracts younger set playing pretty loud house music. Very good beach restaurant with comfortable sofas and chairs which offers varied menu.
• Pedro's Beach used by the locals and sunbathers who prefer more classic songs broadcast at a comfortable volume.
• Astral Beach is always very busy and a lovely, lively place to go in the summer for a drink.
• Azucar Beach and Aurora Beach
The secluded beach of Las Gaviotas in Costa del Sol Spain
torremolinos bajandillo by pediant
marbells by gonzalez olaechea
puerto banus by sksuchin
malaga by bogdan migulski
torremolinos carihueal by manuel flores
las gaviotas by marc rycaent
benalmadena by monstermuch 99
malagueta by stefan krust
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons