Costa del Sol Beach is the most popular of all Spanish coasts. They are well prepared to receive millions of Europeans on a yearly basis. People come here for the Sun and the Fun. The Mediterranean Beaches are a delight of sand and clear waters and the beach cities like Marbella and Malaga complete the picture.
This page is a continuation of our previous page read more...
The World renowned Beach City of Marbella in the Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol Beach
Marbella Beaches are spread on over 20 km on the coast with golden sands and clear waters. Marbella is popular for its weather, its yachting opportunities and its night life, but above all for its beaches.
There are dozens of long sandy stretches and tiny secluded coves to choose from in Marbella. Here are just a few of them.
• Guadalmina Beach is located within the town of San Pedro de Alcántara. This beach has the golden sands typical to this area of the Mediterranean.
It features facilities for water sports like windsurfing, jet skiing, and kayaking, as well as swimming and kite surfing.
Nikki Beach one of the best in Marbella area
• Nikki Beach is exclusive and expensive but the service on this beach resort has no parallel. Nikki Beach welcomes some of the world’s most glamorous people. This is the place for relaxation and partying in Marbella.
• La Fontanilla Beach is very popular because it is located right in the middle of town, near Marbella Port. It is a busy social beach always full of beach goers.
• Buddha Beach was one of the first boutique beaches in Marbella, and it is still one of the most popular hang outs. Two tropical bars overlook the Mediterranean.
• Babaloo • Victor's • Don Carlos • Las Dunas • Bounty Beach • Cabopino
Benalmadena Beaches in the Costa del Sol
Benalmadena has wonderful fine sandy beaches. In this area Water sports are important, so you’ll find many facilities for this sports fanatics, like jet skis, surfing, canoeing and catamarans.
• Torre Bermeja Beach• Playa Santa Ana• Arroyo de la Miel Beach• Torrevijia Beach• Las Yucas Beach• Las Viborillas Beach• Arroyo Hondo Beach• Torremuelle Beach• La Perla Beach• La Morera Beach• Tajo de la Soga Beach
Fuengirola a Costa del Sol Beach
Costa del Sol Beach
Fuengirola has wonderful golden sandy Beaches, among them
• Las Gaviotas is located on the main promenade of Fuengirola and has been awarded the blue Flag. This is a wide, spacious sandy area, comprising of two beaches.
It offers access for disabled, sun beds and parasols for hire, showers and restrooms and life guard. On this beach you may enjoy many water sports like fishing, diving, surfing and sailing.
• Santa Amalia Beach together with el Castillo is Guengirola’s longest stretch of beach. It features access for disabled, sun beds and umbrellas, pedal boats and sport equipment all for rent. It also offers showers and restrooms, and parking.
• Torreblanca Carvajal is located between Benalmadena and Fuengirola. It offers all amenities like the beaches mentioned above.
• Santa Amalia• Los Boliches• Torreblanca• Playa de Fuengirola• Playa de la Campana
Torremolinos Beaches are visited by millions of Europeans
Las Playas de Torremolinos attract visitors from all over the world for many decades. It has been made famous by many authors writing about this lovely place.
I remember in particular one book by James Michener I read many years ago “The Drifters” or in Spanish “Los hijos de Torremolinos”. The beach is about 10 km long of golden sands lined by an attractive promenade that stretches from Playamar to Benalmadena.
• San Julian Beach is near the Parador Nacional Hotel and near the airport. It is known for its golf facilities and plenty parking. The sands are gray.
• Los Alamos Beach has a park for children and features all amenities like umbrellas, hammocks, showers and restrooms. Many practice windsurfing on this beach.
• Playamar Beach is a busy one and well set for tourists. The sands are fine and thin and it features all amenities like umbrellas, sun beds showers and the rest.
• Bajondillo Beach is located in the middle of Torremolinos and preferred by locals. Here the locals and visitors practice beach volleyball, windsurfing, sailing and diving.
• La Carihuela Beach is the ideal beach families with children. It is actually a park for children. It offers all amenities and water sports facilities.
• San Julian Beach• Los Alamos Beach• Bajondillo Beach• Playamar Beach.
The famous city of Malaga Spain a Costa del Sol Beach
Malaga Beaches a Costa del Sol Beach
Malaga is the “Big City” of Costa del Sol and the center of action for the area. It has great beaches without having to wander out of town. Some of them are:
• Playa de la Malagueta is located 10 minutes from downtown on Paseo Pablo Picasso. It is 1.2 km long of black sands. It has all the facilities you may expect of a great beach.
• Playa Palo is located next to El Candado Marina a great place for sailing, diving and swimming. This beach has a few little coves for romantic getaways. But don’t count of that, because it is a very busy beach with a cool atmosphere and many bars, restaurants, shops and other facilities.
• Playa Huellín is a town beach, located in the promenade named after Antonio Banderas. It features life guards, beach bars, restaurants and all facilities.
• Playa Las Acacias is a popular and crowded beach. Try to get there early to find some space. The sands are gray and fine on a stretch of about 1.2 km. It is very popular with younger crowds.
For more information visit Spain Tourism Website
Malagueta Beach near Malaga Spain
Beaches East of Malaga
If you are looking for solace and relaxation, you may rent a car and leave Malaga to the east towards Nerja and find the following beaches.
• Playa Torrox is just 300 meters long and much less crowded.
• Playa Benajarafe in Velez Malaga is just a short drive away. Many regard this beach as Malaga’s best. The sands are dark and fine. It’s 4 km long by 33 meters wide.
• Nerja has beautiful fine sandy beaches over a stretch of 10 km, attracting tourists from all over. Burriana Beach is the most famous and popular beach in the Nerja municipality.
torremolinos bajandillo by pediant
marbella by gonzalez olaechea
malaga by bogdan migulski
torremolinos carihueal by manuel flores
benalmadena by monstermuch 99
malagueta by stefan krust
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons