Corfu Beaches are some of the best Greece Beaches, excellent and surrounded by lush green vegetation of mainly olive trees.
On the north and west coast of Corfu you will generally find stretches of long, golden, sandy beaches and spectacular sunsets, while on the east coast the beaches tend to be pebble or shingle with many pretty bays and quiet coves.
They attract thousands of visitors mainly from neighboring Italy and the rest of Europe.
The summers are long and hot, therefore helping the important travel Industry of the Island. Corfu, one of the best Greek Islands, is located on the Ionian Sea west of Greece’s mainland and east of Italy.
Gorgeous Beach on the Island of Corfu Greece
Best Corfu Beaches
• Agios Gordios is located 18 km southwest of Corfu Town. It is one of the most popular beaches in Corfu.
It is a sandy beach surrounded by rock formations and much green vegetation.
It is a lovely beach of sands and pebbles.
This beach offers many amenities like water sports, Tavernas, restaurants and cafes.
• Glyfada Beach is located west of Corfu Town.
It is a fine sandy beach where you see sunbathers and swimmers everyday of the year.
The beach is well organized with many sports facilities, umbrellas, long chairs and food establishments.
Agios Gordios southwest of Corfu Town is a popular beach in Corfu
More Corfu Beaches
• Agios Georgios South is located on the southwestern coast of Corfu about 30 km from Corfu Town.
It is a lovely sandy beach of about 5 km long with many water sports facilities like paragliding, windsurfing, jet skiing and more.
• Avlaki beach is located on the northeastern coast of Corfu about 35 km from Corfu Town. It is situated between the beach resorts of Agios Stephanos and Kassiopi. It is a relaxed beach in a nice setting with sun beds available for rent. This beach is near The Eremites nature Reserve.
• Barbati beach lies on a beautiful sheltered bay on the east coast of Corfu about 20 km from town. The beach is made of pebbles. There are some Watersports available.
• Myrtiotissa Beach, located 17 km west of town, is named in honor of the Monastery of Virgin Mary Myrtiotissa which is located just above it. It is totally unspoiled and unofficially nudist.
• Sidari Canal d’Amour – The famous Canal d’Amour coves are located west of Sidari on the northern coast of the island. It is considered one of the most amazing sites in Corfu.
Dassia Beach near the Town of Corfu
• Dassia Beach is located 13 km northwest of Corfu Town. This is where you’ll find many hotel complexes and many tourists in the summer.
• Kalami is a wide stone beach with crystal clear waters and surrounded by lush vegetation. It is located 30 km north of Corfu Town and offers many delicious Fish Tavernas.
• Halikunas Beach is located on the southwestern coast of Corfu near Lake Korrison. It is 3 km long and features white sands. The waters are shallow and great for families with children. The resort of Agios Georgios South is about 8 km away.
• Acharavi Beach in northern Corfu is an 8 km stretch of white sands and is one of the longest of Corfu Beaches. It is great for families with small children.
For more information visit Greece Tourism Website
Glyfada Beach near Corfu Town
. Agios Spyridon Beach is in northeastern Corfu with clear waters and a freshwater lake in the proximity. It is a quiet sandy beach with chaise longue, umbrellas and many water sports facilities.
• Agni Beach is a pebbly beach that offers bathers quiet and seclusion. The waters deepen quite abruptly, while the beach can be reached by a winding downhill road. There are a few Tavernas in the area.
• Arilas Beach, located in northeastern Corfu is one of the quieter of Corfu Beaches with sports facilities and a few Tavernas.
• Benitses Beach, located near Corfu town it is one of the most frequented beaches on the Island> It is very well organized and offers all amenities you can expect of a busy beach.
Acharavi is one of the longest of Corfu Beaches
agios giordos n/a
acharavi by roquai
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
The resorts images are courtesy of the resorts mentioned.
Map of the Island of Corfu Greece